Application Developers – in Brazil, Malta & Philippenes
Overview of the role:
To create, implement, test, maintain and document new and existing software programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards and deadlines.
· To support the PM team in performing change request analysis by gathering, identifying and analyzing client’s business requirements and technical specifications.
· To analyse user business requirements created by the Project Manager or Senior Application Developer
· To design software programs and modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools
· To conduct Unit tests of new development; correct defects and retest to ensure technical correctness and completeness of updates according to agreed standards and specifications.
· To ensure a problem free installation of new/enhanced software products on clients’ existing infrastructure.
· To document all code in accordance with the company’s development guidelines and agreed standards.
· To clearly document and highlight the changes performed to the software, in a technical release package including installation procedures in accordance with the company’s development guidelines and agreed standards.
· To support the end-user with resolving problems and bugs related to the software products.
· To support the Project Management team during acceptance testing
· To support the documentation and source code release in accordance with EWCROW agreements
· To attend team meetings and participate in discussions, brainstorming sessions and test various solutions.
· To report to the Senior Application Developer – Team Leader the evaluation and review of software development methods and tools
· To assist in ballparks estimation as requested by the Sr Appl Dev – TL and in accordance with the company guidelines
· To provide advice, training, guidance and assistance to team members as required
· To ensure that all work performed is duly entered in the Weekly Service Reports
· To update internal knowledge-bases or documents with changes performed on the system
· To review operations of the 24×7 support and deliver technical support when required
· To work on multiple projects at the same time
· To keep oneself updated in the latest technology and trends
· To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout
· To perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time
· At least must be educated to Diploma in Computer Sciences or equivalent standard
· Preferably having a degree in ICT or related professional qualifications
· Must have good knowledge of the software development languages used by the company: C/C++, JEE, Oracle PL/SQL, ColdFusion
· A good overall knowledge in Computer Technology is a must
· Preferably having experience in writing software for the financial and/or credit card industry
· Must be familiar with software development methodologies
· Must have good knowledge of database management systems, ideally Oracle
· Must have strong analytical and reasoning abilities
· Must be meticulous, methodical and accurate in the completion of tasks
· Must be customer and business focused
· Must be creative and quality focused
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
· Must plan ahead to meet deadlines
· Must perform under pressure
· Must be willing to work long hours and be on-call
If you are interested or know of anybody who may be, kindly send a copy of your latest CV in a Word Document format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +356 27 204 518 for more information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!