Casino Performance Analyst in Gibraltar
Reporting to the Head of Casino, you will be responsible for conducting detailed analysis across a broad spectrum including deep dives, player segmentation, campaign analysis, CRM optimisation, player lifecycle and cross product optimization.
The role requires a strong analytical background coupled with an ability to relate results to the player experience and form recommendations which add value. The role is uniquely positioned within Betfair to gain a detailed understanding of all aspects of the gaming P&Ls and as such requires a high degree of collaborative working amongst teams across disciplines and location
• Deep dive into complex data sets in order to understand, identify and monitor key factors which can improve KPIs and drive the business forward.
• Collaborate to enhance the optimization and tracking of reports, escalation process, automated alerts, business rules, etc Deliver stand-alone presentations giving insight on commercial challenges, requiring complex analysis using large multi-variable data sets, presenting results and recommendations to senior audience.
• Proactively drive the business by identifying weaknesses and opportunities for product and revenue growth.
• Identify gaps in data sources and work with central teams to provide data in tables.
• Regularly check and reconcile veracity of data matches back KPIs reports.
• Understand product player segmentation and build cross product optimization models which promote the multi-product pillars of Betfair and drive the single customer view.
• Fully comprehend the customer journey and identify key areas to enhance the customer experience and reduce churn.
• Campaign tracking and analysis of marketing communications across all gaming products including CRM and promotional activity.
• Collaborate to optimize processes and reporting systems across products within the gaming division.
• Be very knowledgeable in testing processes, measurement, data mining and marketing data.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to deal with large volumes of numerical data.
• Hands-on experience working with Business Analytics and Big Data tools (e.g. PLSQL, Business Objects, data cubes, or similar) and proficient in writing queries using SQL.
• Ability to connect analytical findings to a deep understanding of the customer in order to develop strategies that improve the customer experience and drive growth.
• Advanced level MS Excel required. Experience working with power pivot and power views an advantage.
• Good understanding of online customer behavior and behavioural analysis strategies.
• Experience with CRM related analysis including customer segmentations, campaign analysis and costing.
• Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks and work within project time lines.
• Works well both individually and as part of a team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Relentless curiosity: Questions the status quo, continually asks why/why not and persistently digs deep into information sources available to them to find the answers.
• Skilled analyst: Understands business problems and provides the correct analysis with clear recommendations for actions.
• Passion: Passionate about doing the right thing and embedding a data driven approach across the organisation.
• Customer centric: Empathizes with the customer and naturally relates analysis outcomes back to the customer experience.
• Values data integrity: Good attention to detail and takes responsibility for the accuracy of their work.
• Great collaborator: No own agenda, collaborates effectively at all levels of the organization.