Cloud Systems Specialists – Malta
Our Client is now looking for a motivated and talented Cloud Systems Specialist to join its operations team.
A few of the responsibilities will include provisioning, setup, documentation and configuration of hardware & software solutions based on virtualised or cloud platforms, as well as ensuring disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
· Internal and external training opportunities and resources
· Coaching from an expert in the field (direct from Chief Technical Officer, a Microsoft Azure expert)
· Attractive salary based on the Candidate’s skills
· Exposure to cutting edge technologies and exciting project opportunities
· End of year bonus based on achievement of targets
· Opportunity to improve and advance both in position and in salary
· Provisioning, setup, documentation and configuration of existing or new hardware and software solutions
· 24/7 monitoring for office and live systems
· Support the development teams with software releases
· Ensure disaster recovery processes are properly maintained, including failover or backup solutions
· Apply regular OS patching
· Coordinate, repair and recover from hardware or software failures
· Maintain internal office software and hardware policies
· Intimate understanding of the web and related hosting technologies
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft IIS
· Strong knowledge of Windows Server technologies, including virtualisation
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
· Ability to install, configure, monitor and tweak networks and data centre equipment (such as UPSs, load balancers)
· Strong understanding of IT security
· Two years of experience in a similar position
· Is self-motivated and able to learn on his/her own
· A passion for virtualisation and private/public cloud services
The following will be considered as assets
· Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Microsoft .NET, C#, PHP or scripting
· Knowledge of SQL configuration, data retrieval and manipulation
· Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
· Experience in managing cloud hosting environments such as Microsoft Azure
· MCP certification
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Eli Foley on email@example.com or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!