Compliance Officers in Malta
Our client a well known company within the Corporate and Financial Services industry, is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer who will be working on a particular project
The Compliance Officer needs to be familiar with Trusts and Corporate Services.
We are looking for candidates with excellent methodological skills and an eye for detail to handle the compliance requirements of our client portfolio. The selected applicant will also be responsible to ensure the continued development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture within the firm. He/she will partner the business area/s and provide advice, oversight and management of all aspects of anti-money laundering regulations, sanctions and internal programmes all forming part of financial crime compliance areas. This also includes the driving and execution of these policies into the business and will require close collaboration with various risk and business functions.
· Develop, initiate, maintain, revise and update policies and procedures
· Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends on a continuing basis
· Act as an independent reviewer to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
· Issue reports detailing the operation and progress of compliance efforts
· Establish and maintain effective compliance communication programmes
· Work with the human resources team to develop an effective compliance training programmes
· Possess well developed leadership skills with an ability to lead change in a fast moving environment
· Have a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, and impartiality with an ability to take difficult and courageous decisions
· Sound knowledge of the anti-money laundering regulation be in possession of a post-secondary qualification (or equivalent) preferably in law, financial services or risk management, coupled with excellent communication skills and a strong command of both written and oral English. Compliance and/or risk management experience in the financial services sector would be considered an asset.
· Strong organisational skills
· Dynamic personality with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
· Motivated, flexible and able to work on own initiative and without supervision
· Previous experience in a similar position
· Multi-lingual capabilities
· Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office tools and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this position or know of anybody who may be, kindly send a copy of your latest CV in a Word Document format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +356 27 204 518 for more information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook !