Data Operations Engineer – Malta
The Data Operations Engineer will be the focal point for understanding data flows, identifying their source and making sure that they are made available for consumption by other systems (integration) or the BI team (data warehousing).
The Data Operations Engineer will be responsible for:
· Monitoring and upkeep of overall production BI system health
· Building and maintaining high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
· Continuous improvement of BI processes and procedures as required to meet quality standards
· Conducting design and code review to ensure compliance with standards for production deployments
· Maintaining records and documentation as evolutions/revisions occur
· Providing first level support for data integration
· Resolution/Escalation of incident/issues in a timely manner. In the event of escalation, co-ordinate with other teams on incident/issue resolution as needed – including business users, developers, technical contacts, external suppliers, etc.
· Responding to production issues/incidents during and off business hours
· Performing/Assisting with root cause analysis
· Working as part of a dynamic team supporting multiple applications, collaborating with other developers and analysts as needed
· Assisting as needed with other exercises e.g. releases, testing, audit etc.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related subject
· At least 2 years work experience in Application development and/or Production Support
· At least 1 year of experience with scripting (Bash / Korn / PowerShell)
· At least 1 year of experience using tools for batch processes (SSIS / Informatica / Talend)
· At least 1 year of experience in database related concepts (SQL / Oracle / MySQL)
· Strong Documentation skills both of existing systems and of new requirements
· Detail-oriented analytical skills when collecting requirements, keeping in mind industry best practices
· Ability to understand underlying data in existing reports and identify improvements
· Flexibility and availability to work on an on-call basis as needed for production support
· A Pro-active attitude and ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
· Willing to conduct research and learn new technologies
Desired knowledge, skills and experience
· Knowledge of Perl / Python
· Exposure to Big Data technologies (MongoDB / Hadoop) will be considered an asset
· Exposure to NDB Cluster engine will be considered an asset
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!