Finance Manager – Malta
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller (GFC)
Managing and leading a small team, the MT Finance Manager will be responsible for a number of areas including but not limited to the effective financial management for Malta and Cape Town centres including management and financial reporting, monthly group reporting, control of systems and processes, management of budgeting, forecasting and cash flows, and relationship management.
Month End Reporting
· Monthly management accounts for Malta and Cape Town centres with revenue and commission reconciliations as well as issuing Group reports
· Prepare monthly commentary with meaningful variance analysis
· Review and analyse all expenses and revenue lines in the P&L to ensure actuals are in line with forecast
· Review and maintain balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner
· Prepare consolidated group results and presentations for the board
Accounts receivable and payable
· Monitor accounts receivable balance and receipting function in conjunction with the Group credit control team to ensure timely collection
· Oversee agent commission, host family and other vendor payments to ensure deadlines are met
· Prepare annual regional budgets, quarterly forecast and cash flow forecasts timely whilst ensuring data integrity
· Monitor actuals against targets to review and challenge regional business performance
· Work closely with the Group Finance team and local auditors to manage the annual audit, VAT, tax, payroll and statutory reporting
· Support development of accounting systems and the company’s booking system as required, primarily Sage X3 and F9 and Konnect.
Procedures and controls
· Review finance related policies and procedures on a continuous basis with suggestions to the Group Financial Controller
Management of team
· Lead and develop team of 4 to ensure excellent communications and engagement with team
· Provide reforecasts as required for corporation tax instalments
· Ensure strong controls on cash management are in place
· Perform ad-hoc commercial analysis to support decision-making
· Working alongside Centre Directors and HR to ensure payroll, contracts and changes are controlled and action in a timely manner
Working with the business
· Ensure internal relationships and communications are maintained and managed effectively in particular with the finance teams across the group, regional centre directors and sales team
Supporting the GFC
· Work closely with the GFC to create processes and outputs, consistent with best practice in all areas of responsibility
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· CIMA, ACCA, CPA or CA – significant post qualification experience
· Must have worked in a similar role for preferably either education, travel, multi-site retail or hospitality
· Strong technical accounting experience including the preparation of financial statements
· Excellent Excel skills
· Management responsibility for an operational finance team i.e. Accounts Payable
· Working with international teams based in multiple locations inside and outside Finance
· Able to manage and prioritise a dynamic workload for themselves and their team
· Passionate about your job, able to go the extra mile, have a can-do mindset and deliver what you promise
· Thinking Innovatively
· Suggesting creative, new approaches that challenge and optimise existing practices or models to enhance productivity or performance.
· Adeptly managing multiple projects, securing and monitoring the appropriate resources, tracking results and producing progress reports to key stakeholders. Adapting approach as required, to ensure achievement of objectives.
· Adapting leadership style to get the best out of each team member. Recognising the efforts and achievements of direct reports in a personal way and instilling a sense of unity and joint purpose to the team.
· Using personal impact and credibility to steer the thoughts and opinions of others. Taking account of the perspectives of others to arrive at win-win situations.
· Maintaining high levels of productivity and quality or work during times of pressure or change. Demonstrating self-control and measured self-assurance and well-reasoned tenacity to ensure that performance is maintained.
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!