Perfectly poised to offer a variety of customer driven complementary products, our client is ready to accommodate the needs of a global citizenship from international money transfer, long distance bill payment, electronic wallet facilities, worldwide prepaid telecom top ups and consumer telecom solutions, international food delivery and much more. The headquartered is in Malta for EU, and New York for the US with supplementary back office in Bucharest, Romania. They are bringing innovation to financial services and more for the 21st century.
• Oversee financial and accounting operations, policies and procedures based on shared service model
• Review of monthly consolidated financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local reporting requirements and tax filings including VAT submission
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors in relation with financial and tax audits
• Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Supervise the financial regulatory requirements within various jurisdictions of the group (EU, US)
• Supervise cash management, cash flow forecast, financing strategies
• Managing relationship with business partners, legal offices of the group companies & affiliates, auditors, local authorities, banks and other financial institutions.
• Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, product costings, and contract negotiations
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Provide for a systematic management of cost reports
• Review and approve credit documentation as part of credit risk committee
• Setup of banking relationship
• Management of agent performance networks
• Participate and collaborate in meetings with project, IT, finance operations, compliance, legal departments and other resources required to complete the execution of the approval and reporting process
• Lead the finance team in Malta
• Effectively communicate with peers and colleagues across different affiliated companies.
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller in the field of money remittance and/ or payments
• 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience
• ACCA qualification or equivalent or in possession of an advanced degree in Accounting
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures: US GAAP, IFRS
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and good knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong control orientation and attention to detail
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Be diligent and able to work on own initiative to meet tight reporting deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Primarily in an office environment with day schedule (Monday to Friday).
Will be expected to travel as needed to company affiliates.