German Compliance (Part Time)
Overview of Role:
The Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) is that officer nominated by the Company to oversee the compliance program and the anti-money laundering and funding of terrorism function of the Company. The Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer will monitor and report results of the compliance efforts of the company to the director of the company and shall build and manage the Underwriting team. The Underwriting Team is our first line of defence against money laundering. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who will continue to establish a strong culture of service excellence within our Compliance department.
This is a part-time position that will be based in Malta.
· Maintaining policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance and anti-money laundering program;
· Manages day to day operation of the compliance program, with support from our Executive Director;
· Managing and training the small Underwriting team, with support from our Executive Director;
· File a suspicious transaction report with the FIAU where the grounds for suspicion are sufficient;
· Liaise with the FIAU to deal with such matters as consent to proceed with a transaction and other disclosure issues, particularly with regards to clients or third parties.
· Maintain a working knowledge of Maltese regulatory requirements and compliance policies and procedures, and monitor enactments;
· Relationship management and reporting to the MFSA, FIAU and relevant authorities.
· Skills and Attributes
· Organised and reliable with attention to detail – can handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment;
· Outstanding written and oral communication;
· A sense of humour and positive, ‘make it work’ attitude;
· Excellent ability to recognise non-obvious patterns;
· Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised;
· Ability to make complex investigative decision;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels in the organisation;
· Eligibility to work in Malta
· Hold a degree, ideally in Law, Banking and Finance, or Financial Services
· 3-5 years experience working within the compliance or anti-money laundering and funding of terrorism function;
· Managerial experience a plus
· Course/recognised training in AML a plus.
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Olga on firstname.lastname@example.org