Group Credit Control Manager – Malta
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
The Group Credit Control Manager will head the Credit Control team made up of a number of bilingual individuals both in Malta and overseas. He/she will be responsible for management and financial reporting, the management of sponsored debt, collection tools and receipts. The role also requires supporting other departments and Centres and participating in ad hoc finance projects.
Management and Financial Reporting:
Prepare monthly management schedules
Visit sponsored bodies and businesses to establish and build relationships
Set targets and manage staff performance and development
Carry out fortnightly debt reviews
Update credit control dashboard on weekly basis and report on fortnightly basis
Monitor and report on cash flow
Update, review and distribute the Walk In dashboard
Manage the credit control budget
Minimise bad debt exposure and report on it on a quarterly basis
Action double taxation queries
Management of Sponsored Debt:
Protect and monitor the overall quality of the debtor asset
Ensure sponsored credit controller is invoicing, reviewing, analysing and providing updates of all outstanding sponsored body debt
Management of Collection Tools:
Carry out monthly debt reviews with Regional Sales Directors and Sales Managers
Ensure agents work within payment agreement terms
Minimize 90 day + aged debt exposure
Work with Admissions Managers, Centres, Operation Directors to manage debt
Ensure that statements sent to partners are accurate
Provide accurate ageing data to the Executive Group
Review and correct any invoicing and statement issues
Improve departmental processes and procedures, e.g. invoicing, follow up, query management
Provide adequate tools for collection team
Management of Receipts:
Process receipts and handle major accounts
Monitor and ensure that all unclaimed receipts are processed on time
Monitor banking is timely and accurate, i.e. all receipts are receipted daily
Support Centres with daily banking receipt register issues
Support Admissions function from invoicing to receipting
Ensure Walk in and Internet sale debt is controlled and kept to a minimal
Provide support, advice, training and issue resolution to Centres.
Management of System Enhancements:
Conduct Adhoc meetings with the Development Team
Liaise with Credit Control Business Lead to ensure all system changes are tested and implemented
Report and track system issues
Ability to help implement the process flow of credit checking in our Client Relation Management System
Complete various ad hoc finance projects as required by the business
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting qualification, preferably CICM (chartered institute of credit management
Medium / large team management experience
Cash management experience
Previous experience in collections and credit control
Reviewing new sales contracts
Previous experience implementing new systems and procedures.
Reporting at board level or senior management
Intermediate to Advance knowledge of excel
Reviewing macros and implementing them
Experience in a fast pace industry
Experience in the Education Industry
Experience managing people remotely
Job Specific Competencies:
· Evaluating suggested opportunities for the organisation from a cross-functional and global perspective of the business and the market. Using breadth of business understanding to define direction and evaluate proposed opportunities based on Strategy and Primary Purpose.
· Adeptly managing multiple projects, securing and monitoring the appropriate resources, tracking results and producing progress reports to key stakeholders. Adapting approach as required, to ensure achievement of objectives.
· Developing direct reports in a holistic, multifaceted way through regular feedback, a clear understanding of strengths and areas for development and implementation the most appropriate interventions to address needs and harness strengths.
· Using personal impact and credibility to steer the thoughts and opinions of others. Taking account of the perspectives of others to arrive at win-win situations.
· Delivering results by taking responsibility for own performance, field of expertise and driving results.
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format Eli Foley on email@example.com or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!