Head of SEO in Malta
As a Head of SEO you are responsible for building and enhancing search engine visibility for several projects and websites. Working centrally with our own portfolio as well as clients brands, you are the lead of an international SEO team. Analysing projects with several tools, defining strategies and priorities with your team and scale the different campaigns in order to obtain visibility and therefore traffic, are your main duties.
This position is based in Malta and you report directly to the companies Founder.
• Manage and develop an international SEO team. Plan tasks, set deadlines, track progress and improve scale and efficiency of processes. Further develop SEO Specialists skills, perform regular 1-2-1 meetings and development discussions on a regular basis.
• Maintain full ownership of the SEO strategy on/off site for several portfolios and clients brands across multiple markets. Lead brands toward improvement in organic search performance: increase search engine visibility, volume of organic traffic, and increase keyword reach and rankings across all markets.
• Be the single point of contact for everything related to SEO for the dedicated brands.
• Represent SEO channel in monthly performance review meetings and quarterly briefs / de-briefs.
• Forecast and manage the SEO budget for the dedicated brands. Lead quarterly budget planning & manage budget spend. Run top level execution of quarterly SEO campaigns of the brand across all markets.
• Track and report main KPIs to key stakeholders and the management on a regular basis.
• Collaborate with our team, improve the company’s performance, drive product improvements and share best practise.
• Structure and participate in recruitment & onboarding activities across the SEO department.
• Proven team management experience
• Project management and leadership skills
• Highly energetic, team-player who can collaborate with multiple teams
• Extensive knowledge of standard SEO tools (e.g. Ahrefs, Link Research Tools, Screaming Frog, Sistrix, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels and technical resources
• Ability to work effectively and autonomous
• Demonstrable track record of recruiting, managing and coaching high performing teams
• University degree with at least 5 years’ work experience in SEO and digital marketing
• Proven management and leadership experience
• You have been responsible for driving both strategy and execution
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Highly organized
• Outgoing, collaborative, adaptive in changing environment, open to and able to deal with a diverse range of opinions
• Fluent English (verbal & written required), other languages (helpful).