HR Coordinators in Malta
Overall Purpose of Level:
To provide a high quality service to individuals (managers and employees) and to contribute to the long term development of the HR function ensuring a consistently high level of customer care is provided to all individuals and people who use the HR Service; To provide an effective and efficient output of work to meet the demands made of the role, and to assist in all aspects of the company’s core values and fulfill the aims and objectives of the service.
· Ensuring that all established based aspects of the recruitment and selection process functions effectively for the recruitment of permanent and part time employees. This will include responding to requests for recruitment information, preparing notices and advertisements, actively participating in assessments, coordinating assessment schedules, working with managers to ensure that references and BC/background checks are completed prior to appointments and the collection of monitoring information for each recruitment campaign. The post holder will also assist with the payroll and recruitment of student placements.
· To develop and maintain positive relationships with media agencies, employment agencies, universities, work placement coordinators, etc.
· To lead in the coordination of company’s recruitment and other recruitment assessments for both internal and external recruitment. This will involve supporting panels and ensuring the smooth running of the assessment process such as ensuring the assessment panel and facilitators are confirmed, tests have been prepared in advance and appropriate rooms have been booked.
· To assist the managers in developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, checking application forms and shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates. To advise and support managers on effective and selection approaches.
· To be involved on the assessment panel where appropriate and to advise candidates of outcome after assessments.
· To ensure that details of vacancies are circulated appropriately and to oversee the recruitment section of the company’s website to ensure that current vacancies are showcased appropriately.
· To coordinate and deal with the recruitment and selection administration required by HR policies relating to the appointment of new employees. This will include the management of pre-employment checks, such as obtaining BC, police conduct, references and other clearance ensuring that these are fully carried out and completed in a timely manner prior to employment commencing.
· To be a Signatory for the sign-off of BC applications and renewals.
· To ensure that new employees receive all relevant starter documentation and that conditional offers are prepared and contracts of employment are signed and issued.
· To ensure that new employees personal file are created and that all new employee details are accurately set up on the company’s HR database systems; to ensure that all essential employee personal information is in place in time for the Payroll cut-off date each month.
· To ensure that all confidential data retained and disposed of is in line with the Data Protection Act and company’s policies and procedures.
· To attend HR Recruitment group to ensure that best practice of recruitment and placement of staff are used across the company.
· To provide references for employees who are/have left our employment.
· To support line Managers with all Probation Reviews and to ensure that all probation reviews are completed within agreed timescales.
· To assist in training and coaching new managers on recruitment and selection processes.
· To maintain internal database files and tables, and develop recurring or ad-hoc reports to meet the requirements and needs of the company. This will include preparing monthly/quarterly recruitment, turnover and diversity monitoring reports and generating other reports as and when required to ensure a high standard of Human Resources Management information is available to management.
· To assist the HR Manager with preparing, developing and implementing policy and procedures on staff recruitment and to assist in the development of other HR Policies and procedures.
· To continuously review the staff handbook and update accordingly to any legislative changes.
· To deal with queries relating to supplying of references, voluntary work and student placements, passing information to relevant service, etc.
· To keep up to date with all legal and other HR developments.
· To continually monitor and update statistical data to ensure the trends are reported.
· To work collaboratively and in a supportive manner within the HR team, the finance team and other departments to ensure that the overall aims and objectives are achieved.
· To maintain absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data.
· To assist the HR Manager and HR colleagues when required. This may include minute taking, attendance at employee relations meetings, dealing with general queries, filing etc.
· To occasionally replace the Officer i/c of payroll and execute the payroll run.
Other duties as may be assigned from time to time:
· To attend and participate in team meetings to work within a team culture providing support and encouragement to all team members regardless of job role. To develop positive and professional relationships with all team members.
· To attend training, participate in the company’s supervision and appraisal processes and quality assurance of own work.
· To ensure that all work carried out complies with and promotes company’s Policies, Values and aims and objectives. To contribute to making sure that all employees have equal opportunities in relation to employment matters, to acknowledge their individual differences and uphold their rights and responsibilities as set out law.
· To maintain high standards of health, safety, hygiene and secure working environment within agreed Health & Safety policies and procedures.
· To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others.
· To be able to attend occasional evening meetings (with notice).
· Ensures to be well-informed and up-to-date on requirements of the specific position responsibilities
· Normal office hours but can be changed to meet the organisations demands
· May be required to perform some duties in the next senior position as part of personal development programme
· At least 5 years experience in providing HR recruitment support
· Speed and accuracy in related tasks
· Strong organisational ability to provide support and deal with a broad variety of issues, prioritise tasks
· Good interpersonal skills. Must be a quick thinker when dealing with candidates and staff
· Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and with limited supervision to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability in written communications in Maltese and English and in using MS Office applications
· Ability to work as part of a team. Must be tactful and courteous and shows initiative in handling routine problems. Must keep sensitive material in confidence
· First degree level of education or in any event, possessing the competence, acquired either informally or through formal education, to be able to deal with the technical requirements of the position
· Must be familiar with general and office routines such as filing and typing.
· Must have a high level of concentration to be kept at all times because of interruptions
· Must perform a variety of tasks and be flexible in approaching both people and tasks
· Honesty, reliability, discretion, confidentiality and initiative must be kept at all times
If you are interested or know of anybody who may be, kindly send a copy of your latest CV in a Word Document format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org