HTLM5 Games Developer in Birmingham
￼HTML5 Games Developer
An opportunity to join an established, multi-disciplined team providing game design, development and integration for the highest profile online casinos, brand owners and games software providers in the world.
You should be comfortable and confident developing against complex slots, table and instant win game product specifications and integrating to sophisticated APIs. Knowledge of connection protocols for game engine software platforms using XML & JSON would be advantageous.
Candidates with experience of commercial development for mobile devices and knowledge of device specific coding requirements and limitations would be at a distinct advantage.
A ‘can do’ attitude is required as is the ability to work closely as part of a team delivering to, often, very tight deadlines.
Coding of HTML5 based slot, table and instant win games.
Study requirement specifications and design coding structures as necessary.
Examine existing code/software base and modify or re-write as necessary.
Develop user interfaces as specified by brand owners.
Self-test, evaluation and updating of code produced.
Produce documentation to support developments and subsequent developments by other staff.
Cross team and cross function work, with internal and customer-based teams in and around the UK, and Europe.
Key Skills & Experience
· Must be from a gaming background.
· Excellent understanding of object oriented programming concepts, inheritance and composition.
· Professional programming experience with an object oriented programming language.
· Solid experience of using programming frameworks and code libraries.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Methodical approach to design, development and testing.
· Good understanding of XML or similar data representation such as JSON.
· Excellent debugging skills using Chrome developer tools and mobile remote debugging tools.
· Good communication skills are paramount for this role.
· Positive and self-motivated.
· Good understanding of Git and GitHub.
· Good understanding of programming design patterns.
· Experience developing games, i.e. audio visually rich content with detailed/complex animations and player controls.
· Good understanding of HTML5.
· Good understanding of CSS.
· Experience developing HTML5 content for mobile devices.
· Good understanding of the JPG and PNG image formats and experience with image editing software for their creation and manipulation, e.g. Photoshop.
· Knowledge of three.js, Grunt, matter.js, node.js, XHR, code reviews and mobile operating systems would be advantageous.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com