The ideal candidate will have the desire to develop desktop and mobile games and applications in a fast-paced and Agile environment. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is able to easily multi-task and is passionate about opportunities to learn and improve. Working closely with our art and sound team to convert assets into cross-platform products, implementing an engaging experience and integrating with backend systems using industry leading technologies and best practices.
- Iteratively build games and other front-end systems. From turning concept art and mockups into a working prototype, right up to the production-ready product
- Help develop an efficient asset pipeline for improved productivity
- Help optimize the asset quality to reduce loading time and bandwidth usage
- Debug and test system games across different platforms and feed the results back into the design and development process
- Build and maintain libraries and frameworks to be used by the development team
- Learn and adapt industry best practices, latest technologies, different frameworks, and game engines to improve the quality of release products
- Recommend and implement new ideas and technologies
- Solid education in a computer-related area of study
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in a game development role
- Experience in creating highly graphical and interactive applications, including games and animations, on desktop or mobile.
- Good English communicator, both written and spoken
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to various new technologies
- Knowledge of jQuery, JSON, AngularJS and PHP, including frameworks such as WordPress and Symfony, will be an asset.
- HTML5 game engine experience, such as Pixi.js, ImpactJS or Phaser
- Experience with Bootstrap or Foundation
- Flash/Flex experience
- Gambling/betting development experience