Infrastructure Engineer – Windows – Malta
• Management of the company’s IT infrastructure, including the data centers, physical network along with server applications and software.
• Design, administration and documentation of systems and services such as servers, storage area networks (SAN), wired/wireless networking, virtual infrastructure, routers, firewalls, databases, voice systems and security.
• Proactive monitoring of the company’s data centers, infrastructure and systems.
• Perform installations, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and fine tuning of production, staging and office systems.
• Provide technical support to the business on a daily basis that complies with company’s IT Service Management standards.
• Research, develop and implement new technology initiatives.
• Actively participate in the decision process for the introduction of new systems and infrastructure related projects.
• Form part of the incident response team on a 24/7 basis.
Experience and skills:
• Excellent communicator, analytical and organised.
• Driven and result oriented.
• Good knowledge of network management practices and procedures.
• At least 4 years’ experience in managing, operating and maintaining IT infrastructure and support services.
• In-depth knowledge of firewalls, switching, static and dynamic routing.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, services and clusters.
• Strong Knowledge of Windows Server deployments and high availability systems.
• Experience with setting and maintaining Microsoft SQL server clusters.
• Knowledge of Network Security (Firewalls, Access Control, NAT, VPN).
• Knowledge of deploying and managing HP servers and 3Par storage systems.
• Strong knowledge of vSphere and virtualized infrastructure.
• Strong customer focus and knowledge of IT Service Management standards and procedures.
• Exposure to technologies such as Jira, Confluence, Zabbix, Nagios, Pingdom, NewRelic.