Internal Audit Manager – Malta
The Internal Audit Manager will be required to provide an independent and objective review and assessment of the business risk areas, thus providing the Audit Committee, Business Executives and Shareholders sufficient comfort that a good governance practice is exercised and that robust internal controls are in place.
Duties and responsibilities:
· The design and development of audit programmes to evaluate management controls over the Group’s entire operations
· Evaluating and monitoring the Group’s Credit, Treasury, Operations, Financial and other business processes, controls and governance practices, to provide recommendations for improvement, where necessary
· Conducting internal audit reviews of the Group’s processes to ensure regulatory compliance and best practices, provide detailed feedback to business unit management, and make recommendations on issues raised during internal audit work by:
· Planning audits by reading internal controls documentation and creating/updating audit programmes and planning memos
· Determining the relevant batch of transactions to be used for sample testing.
· Identifying, obtaining and maintaining key business process documents
· Performing audit procedures and documenting the results in conformity with internal audit department standards
· Identifying audit exceptions, internal control deficiencies, policy violations, and opportunities for improvement
· Recommending value added enhancement of controls and improvement of operations
· Working with other departments to ensure correct implementation of procedures
· Maintaining good working internal and external (e.g. external auditors) relationships
· Undertaking CPE requirements required to maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of internal auditing and best practices within banking institutions
· Other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Chief Internal Auditor
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
· A degree in Accounting or Auditing and/or Certified Internal Audit qualification (qualified or in the final stages of obtaining the qualification)
· Extensive banking experience within internal audit
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!