Java Developers – Malta
Overview of the Role
Our client, a world leader in payments innovation, is looking to recruit a Senior Java Developer to help in the creation of innovative payment technologies that will revolutionaries the payments industry. Forming part of one of our development teams and working closely with the team lead and our technical architects, you will be involved in the design, development, testing and maintenance of payment products as well as in the training and mentoring of junior team members. As part of the role, you will be required to keep up to date with latest trends and technologies, and see how these can be best used in our projects. If you are looking to work in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment with ample opportunities for growth, this role might just be for you.
· Translate high level business requirements into system design within the existing system architecture
· Ensure high quality in deliverables and continuous improvement within area of responsibility
· Develop, test and maintain Java code as dictated by project requirements
· Create and maintain software documentation
· Work with and mentor junior team members
· Construct Proof of Concepts and assess their viability
· Evaluate and provide feedback on available and emerging technologies to determine the potential impacts and business value
· A Computer Science degree or equivalent
· 5+ years’ experience in an application development role
· Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks, Object-Oriented design, and development principles
· Working experience in SCRUM-Agile practices
· A team player, with strong communication skills and capacity to produce high quality deliverables with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to balance scope and quality against time to market in a minimum viable product whilst working towards the right level quality in the final product
· Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
· Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
If you are interested in this position or know of anybody who may be, kindly send a copy of your latest CV in a Word Document format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +356 27 204 518 for more information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook !