Middle Office Operations Officer – Malta
The Middle Office Operations Officer will form part of a team responsible for various functions within the Bank, mainly in managing the flow of trade information, the preparation and set up required for trade booking and settlement, maintaining detailed and accurate trades records as well as monitoring the distribution of trade knowledge throughout the required areas.
Middle Office Operations contributes to the maintenance of an accurate accounting and position keeping through its reconciliation processes.
The Middle Office Operations Officer will be responsible for:
· Syndicate Loans documentation handling, record keeping, loan administration and reconciliation;
· General Ledger Set up in Finacle Treasury;
· Definition and maintenance of Counterparties and SSIs (Standard Settlement Instructions);
· Definition of New Securities and maintenance of Cashflows;
· Handling of reconciliation processes for Margin accounts, Monthly Cashflows, Securities Position keeping;
· Analysis & set up of New Correspondent Banks and NOSTROs (including set up of account statement and internet banking access for all required users);
· Maintenance and distribution of Bank’s own up to date Cash and Securities Settlements SSIs;
· Daily Nostros reconciliation process;
· Regular reconciliation of other suspense accounts;
· Handling payments and unreconciled items investigations;
· Maintaining the Bank’s Currency Holiday Calendar;
· Maintain updated procedures & ensure business continuity;
· Other duties to be determined from time to time by the Head of Middle Office Operations.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
· A minimum standard of education at Diploma level with experience in the Banking and Financial Industry;
· A strong background in basic accounting principles;
· General understanding of Banking processes and systems;
· Experience in Corporate Credit;
· Solid understanding and experience in analysis of Balance Sheets;
· Experience in Project Management;
· Attention to detail;
· Excellent time management and organisational skills;
· Strong communication skills;
· Adhere strictly to policies and procedures;
· Willing to learn and highly motivated;
· Work independently with little or no supervision;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Desired knowledge, skills and experience:
· Experience in working within the banking industry;
· Knowledge of SWIFT product suite.
If you are interested in this position or know of anybody who may be, kindly send a copy of your latest CV in a Word Document format to Eli Foley on email@example.com or call us on +356 27 204 518 for more information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!