PHP API System Engineer
Take a lead role creating the API middle layer between network operators, content providers and clearing houses.
The system will be serving customers in almost every country and processing millions of transactions per month. Performance, scalability and security will be your main concerns while integrating new partners, but as with any small company you can be involved in every part of the technology.
This is an opportunity for you to join the company at it’s most exciting time, as we start development of a new system, turning ideas and prototypes into a commercial system.
Our small highly skilled team are based in Valletta, Malta, and will expand quickly over the next few months. The role will also include occasional short trips to work with key partners in London.
At AirPay you will be:
- Helping select the best technologies and architecture for our own systems;
- Working with network operators to define API’s that will support AirPay’s user experience;
- Integrating network operators API’s into AirPay’s system;
- Working with content providers to integrate the AirPay API’s that you have designed and built;
- Responsible for service development: planning, developing, testing & deploying;
- Responsible for service quality: performance, monitoring & trouble shooting;
- Responsible for security of the API’s and stored data.
Previously you should have experienced:
- Full life-cycle development of commercial systems: planning, development, deployment & support;
- Design of REST APIs serving web & mobile apps;
- Cloud service deployment & scalability (eg. AWS);
- Scalable database design, configuration & maintenance (eg. MySQL, Amazon S3);
- Automated REST API & PHP service testing;
- Service security (eg. SSL, VPN);
- Service performance monitoring & optimisation;
- Trouble shooting & root cause analysis.
The team you will be joining are:
- Passionate about user experience;
- Hooked on problem solving;
- Pragmatic when designing solutions;
- Obsessive about the quality of their work;
- Inspired by efficient large scale systems;
- Focused on their goals.
If you’re the person we’re looking for please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org