Risk, Fraud & Payments Analyst
Job details: Reporting to: Head of Risk, Fraud & Payments
To make sure all customer withdrawals are processed correctly and timely whilst proactively anticipating issues to minimize fraud risk and upholding outstanding levels of customer service.
- Independently determine fraudulent activity and act according to agreed procedures with regards to transaction acceptance, account blocking and further checks.
- Reactively and proactively conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity
- Investigate suspicious alerts (internal & external) with proper analysis and follow-up
- Careful monitoring of possible money laundering transactions and communication of suspicions by submitting appropriate Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to MLRO
- Proactively find players receiving bonuses which they are not eligible for applying appropriate processes to resolve the issue
- Keep aware of active bonus campaigns and their vulnerabilities assuring that vulnerabilities do not manifest into business losses through diligent oversight of the customer base
- Performing checks on customers and requesting the relevant KYC documents in compliance with any regulatory governing bodies and based on determined customer risk level
- Suggest improvements to the Tools and procedures
- Specialise in the detection & prevention of fraud
- Professional handling of all related customer queries
- Process incoming and outgoing customer payments, in a timely and error-free manner
- Follow up any payment-related issues or customer queries proactively
- Retrieve deposits from online banking sites and post into customer betting accounts
- Perform bank checks and other reconciliation tasks as needed
- Undertake necessary administration work, including dealing with customer correspondence and record-keeping/case management.
- Knowledge of customer verification process for different regulations including the verifying player’s documents.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Meticulous, takes initiative and possesses good analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to work well with others and be a team-player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work closely with other departments across geographical boundaries.
- Availability to work on shift including weekends
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience in payment processing for online gaming, financial services or banking, e-commerce and other relevant industries.
- Strong knowledge of how fraud or money laundering can occur within a financial system would be considered an asset.