We are looking for a Scrum Master who goes over and above the co-ordination of sprint ceremonies; and strives to improve the efficiency of the development team by continuous process improvement and escalating issues that are slowing velocity. Being a team player and great at communication and building relationships is key to the role.
– Act as Scrum master for multiple Scrum/Kanban teams, with a focus on continuously improving the teams he/she supports
– Work closely with Product Planning, Product Development and Technology groups to plan and deliver releases
– Organize and facilitate sprint planning, estimation sessions, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings
– Ensure Agile (mainly Scrum/Kanban) concepts and principles are adhered to, and you are also seen as the voice of reason and authority
– Identify, track and manage impediments, protecting the team from interruptions and distractions
– Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
– Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible, within Agile/Lean principles
– Provide coaching/mentoring to team members on Agile practices and processes.
– Using the insights from each sprint to strive towards increasing the velocity of your team
– Engaging with fellow scrum masters to find opportunities for improvement across delivery processes
– Empower the teams to self-organize.
– Knowledge & Skills
– Thorough understanding of Scrum/Kanban and other agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
– Have the ability to facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
– Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done as well as create a collaborative team environment
– Demonstrate strong customer/stakeholder expectation management
– Have experience in workshop facilitation
– Certified Scrum Master/Scrum Practitioner or relevant experience
– Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Ability to work with diverse personality types and be able to demonstrate high emotional intelligence
– Experience working with an agile methodology during a large scale, complex new development project for a large enterprise
– Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
-Proven ability to approach problems in a structured and analytical manner with a high attention to detail
– Strong project management skills
– Excellent team player and team builder