Senior Compliance Officer – Malta
The Compliance team ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover Mediterranean Bank’s regulatory requirements. The Senior Compliance Officer will assist the Head of Compliance in the implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls related to financial crime. These include overseeing and managing the customer due diligence and payments processes including transaction monitoring.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Assisting the Head of Compliance in ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations and directives issued pursuant to the PMLFTR, Bribery, Corruption and Sanctions regulations
· Overseeing and managing the daily processing of payments, AML transaction monitoring of inward, internal and outward payments in line with the Bank’s AML/Sanctions policy
· Assisting and overseeing the Customer Due Diligence processes for both clients and staff in line with the Bank’s standards and regulatory obligations
· Interacting and collaborating with other departments on issues related to customer due diligence and transaction/payment processes
· Providing ongoing input/feedback on the actual process with the aim to improve the efficiency of the process
· Carrying out assurance checks on released payments to ensure that local regulations are being met
· Handling requests for information and documentation received from the FIAU, Police Authorities, Courts of Malta and other authorities in a timely manner
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
· First Degree in Finance, Banking, Compliance or any related discipline (not mandatory)
· Experience in a similar role and/or customer due diligence would be considered an asset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese. Other languages would be considered an additional asset
· Good presentation skills
· Proven ability to learn and to adapt to a changing environment
· Self-motivated and self-driven
· Excellent team player
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
If you are interested in this position or know of anybody who may be, Kindly send a copy of your latest CV in a Word Document format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook !