Supply chain team leader- Malta
SCM is responsible for all of the purchasing activities within Malta, from establishing governance, setting purchasing strategy, defining and establishing procurement processes, to management of supplier performance.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
1. SCM Governance:
· Provide Local Market views at the SCM board/forum
· Support Purchase2Pay Process in all aspects, including systems which are supporting procurement in the purchasing department and the business units
· Cooperate with IT department in administration of the purchasing systems
· Improve, develop and adopt purchasing systems and processes according to user needs
· Create change requests / problem notes
2. Strategic Purchasing:
· Build up a supplier base (potential and active)
· Manage supplier relationships
· Prepare annual purchasing budgets based on planning requirements of business units for the actual and the following year
3. Supplier Performance Management:
· Lead and manage the 3 step process
· Evaluation (twice a year)
4. Procurement Processes
· Manage and steer the purchasing process from demand to delivery
· Operational Demand Management – prepare forecasts by supplier, manage stocks & obsolescence
· Fulfil the requirements of the business partner
· Adhere to corporate governance policies
· Manage the tendering procedure
· Ensure that the best and most cost efficient Supplier will be chosen
· Negotiate all prices and general conditions
· Generate purchase orders
· Manage Delivery of goods and services
5. SCM Reporting
· Track savings by function and other criteria
· Identify key suppliers through supplier spend report
· Report results of Supplier Performance Management
· Track improvement in PO compliance and utilisation
· Report on working capital
· Track financial performance actual against budget (own cost centre)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
· A University degree in Management would be preferred.
· Previous experience in management or business would be considered an asset.
· Selected candidate needs to have a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Selected candidate need to be able to work cross functionally, and able to take on cost savings challenges.
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!