Web Developers – Malta
The Web Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications, working with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems.
The Web Developer will be responsible for:
· Dealing with the day-to-day generic administrative duties and new development of the platforms available for clients
· Design new web sites and services to make better use of social networks and emerging technologies to include mobile apps
· Troubleshoot to resolution staff and client web support issues.
· This role is responsible for the configuration, development, maintenance and support of the organisations web applications and content management systems ensuring that systems are robust and capable of delivering the Group’s digital content
· The role requires implementing improvements in terms of web development as well as hosting infrastructure as new technologies emerge and to provide guidance on increasing the company’s use of new media and web technologies
· To use web development methodologies to work on web projects from conception through final build and go live, providing guidance and advice to inform decision making throughout to produce best possible results
· To assist the Web Manager in analysing the enhancement of existing applications and requirements for development of new applications, considering implications of proposed projects for existing systems and raise potential issues in proposed projects that could affect their outcome
· Prepare and maintain the documents for the developed applications
· Design, develop and evaluation of new systems
· The analysis and documentation of business workflow
· Development of new/modification of software functionality
· Testing software
· The support of other colleagues’ within the department when required
· Train any new recruits when required
· Handle and manage any ad-hoc projects that may crop up as and when requested by the management
These duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time at the sole discretion of the Employer, subject to formal notification being provided to the Employee.
Distinguishing Features/Critical Competencies:
· Work at a fast pace whilst maintaining the ability to adapt
· Demonstrate a pro-active and positive approach to work
· Confident, be efficient, organized and diligent
· Attention to detail and willing to learn
· Respect and maintain confidentiality
· Time management skills
· Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
· Able to work under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
· Minimum level of education is Higher National Diploma Level education is required.
· Degree level of education would be considered an asset.
· Preferably 2 years work experience in web-based application development
If you are interested or know of someone that could be, kindly forward your CV in a word format to Eli Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +356 27 204 518 for further information.
Take a look at our website for any other job positions available that may be of any interest to you!
https://www.spotonconnections.com or find us on Facebook!